Saturday, August 31, 2013

I Met A Nice Young Man Yesterday!



You need to know that I'm having a little drywalling done. Unfinished basement will now be useable space (yay--it's only been 9 years and counting). Such is life: you turn around one day and you've been living here a decade. Where did those years go? So, lately, there have been a few tradespeople on the premises to give quotes for the job.

As far as drywalling goes, this job is fairly straightforward. One small bedroom, a laundry room and a hall cupboard. Ceilings. Some pot lights. A couple of bulkheads. I have been thoroughly impressed with the professionalism of each company that I have dealt with so far.

But yesterday, I met a nice young man. He was here to represent his drywall company and to give a quote.

That man has no idea that he may have changed my life from now on.

Of course he was professional. He was gentle. He was kind. He was respectful towards me. More than that, he spoke of his parents with Olde Worlde admiration and respect.

He'll never know that he got the job because he's a dutiful son. He'll never know that I admire his attitude in a life where adult kids do their own thing and try to "fit in" visits with their parents when it is convenient for all parties. He'll never know just how impressed I am with his family ethic. He'll never know.

I might add that I have not yet received his quote for the job but when I do, I am awarding the contract to him. My own dear Son #1 says, "Mom, you don't know if you really like him until you get the price." Except that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment